Sunday, January 4, 2009

For Tiff!




Here you go, Tiff. I exploded again this past month. I feel it, too. Can you not see it in the bags under my eyes. Suddenly walking up 5 stairs is difficult. I can't get out of the car without a push from my husband. I have to plan ahead to roll over in bed, and even then I have to do it in stages: legs, pillow for legs, push belly over, arms, pillow under belly and arms, adjust head pillow, oh, now she's awake, please don't... nope, she's on my bladder, ok, roll back over, push self out of bed walk to bathroom... and so it goes every night!
All the changes of my bod are definitely interesting. I've also lost all, I mean ALL, of my muscle. Eeesh! But I know it is all for a wonderful cause and I'm making a nice little, cozy environment for Brooklyn right now!
This weekend we started putting the nursery together and had a blast!!! Tomorrow we'll paint the dresser and crib. Funny how the paint for them cost almost 10x as much as they did themselves! See, the crib is my old crib, which means its free! And the dresser, well, we found the dresser at the local thrift store for 15 dollars!!!! Its amazing, too! So the paint, stripping stuff, gloves to protect Quaylan, and sandpaper cost more than the furniture itself. Still, furnishing a nursery for less than 200 dollars is pretty darn good!
Last week we ventured off to Nashville, Tennessee to visit Quaylan's cousin, his wife and their new baby! What a wonderful trip! We relaxed and saw the city but the highlight of our trip was definitely playing with the baby, King. Its a good thing I'm already pregnant because seeing Quaylan want to hold and play with and even change poopy diapers was PRECIOUS! Brooklyn, however, did not like it when Mommy held the baby and I'm pretty sure she was trying to kick him off my belly! So thank you Antoinne, Monique, and little King for a fantastic trip :)
We are pretty sure Kanye knows something is going to change in our little world. As we set up the nursery today, she cried and wimpered at the door. There are a few rooms she is not allowed in and the nursery is one of them. She has never paid any attention to us when we've been in there before (I keep winter clothes and things I'm too lazy to put away in there). But now she knows the room is changing. After several, "No, Kanye, baby's room," she brought her bone over and threw it in the room, as if to say, "oops, see, I have to get that now." When that didn't work she laid down in front of the door and didn't move the entire time we were in there. I am confident she will adjust, but it is interesting to see her question her perfect little world! Here are some belly shots from week 30, also of the new dresser and the typewritter Quaylan found for 3 dollars (he found it when he was supposed to be guarding the dresser while I hunted down an employee). enjoy!

No comments: