Quaylan is in Sacramento again, but this is the last week he'll be gone. So, "yay!" In the meantime, I have a few stories to share about my little family :)
I grew up with the two most AMAZING dogs in the world: Jazzy (a bichon frise) and Candy (a yellow lab mix). Jazzy had had a litter of puppies around the time I was born. When my parents brought me home from the hospital, they took me to Gram's house and laid me on the couch. Jazzy left her pups and immediately began grooming and taking care of me! It was doggie love at first sight, and she was with us for 14 more years! Now Candy joined our family when I was 7, I think. She was the smartest, prettiest dog in the world, and I LOVED her. She used to lay down in front of the couch and I'd use her as my pillow as I watched tv. I loved my dogs so much!
Fast forward to 2006. Quaylan never had pets growing up. I told him how we had our dogs blessed on the feast of St. Francis. He looked at me like I was crazy, saying something about how you can't possibly love your pets that much; I was furious with him! But he just didn't get it.
Fast forward to 2008. Quaylan leaves for his first trip to Sacramento. As we talk on the phone, guess who says, "put me on speaker so Kanye can hear me and I can talk to her."
Next trip to Sacramento, guess who says, "lets Skype (video conferencing) so Kanye can see me and I can say I love her."
Next trip, "how's Kanye, is she sad, I miss her so much."
Present trip, "I love her so much."
And when Quaylan is home, "we have to make sure she doesn't feel left out when the baby comes so she doesn't act out."
All this from the man who once couldn't imagine ever loving an animal! Our little family has so much love already! I can't imagine any more! Thanks for letting me brag about my loves!
1 comment:
I TOTALLY know how you feel! My animals have always been like my best friends or babies. I am glad he understands animal love now :)
Post a Comment