Most of you know I am a nervous neurotic. I've been that way all my life and can say that my mom has said, at least a million times, "STOP WORRYING!" Now Quaylan has that daily responsibility and I'm sure he's up to at least half a million, "seriously, Amanda, STOP WORRYING." Well this past week Quaylan and I worked on setting up the nursery. That consisted of painting the crib and dresser, and that's it. Simple, right? HA! Quaylan keeps reminding me, "She's (Brooklyn) not coming till March!" But no, I want the crib up and in place, the dresser done and fixtures put on, the clothes put in, organized according to size...and so on. We don't have a crib mattress yet, so I put a blanket on the base to cover the metal. I put another blanket decoratively on the side rail and am trying to find a place for my first baby doll, Pajamas, in the room. Quaylan just stares, repeating, "She's not coming for a while and she doesn't care what her room looks like!" Ha, silly Daddy, doesn't he know that you can't rationalize with a hormonal pregnant lady??? But, man, does the room look beautiful! As I put clothes in the dresser I was dreaming about her and what she'll look like and be like. I also gave myself a shock beacuse I held up several outfits thinking, "Oh, she'll look so nice in these newborn clothes," only to realize they were for 9month old. How tiny can she be???? Sheesh!
I also realized this week that I've been having Braxton Hicks. And as soon as I identified them as such, I swear they multiplied by 100. I guess it makes sense that my uterus would start its prelabor workout early. Even my uterus wants to get in shape quickly!
Quaylan is being so patient with me; as I burst into tears watching, "How I met your Mother," he just rubbed my swollen calves and gave me a kiss. I have the best husband!
We start school tomorrow and this semester is going to be very interesting! So wish us luck, I'm off to put my feet up and relax!
2 comments:
the room looks beautiful!!! And it is PERFECTLY normal that you want things done. And it is PERFECTLY normal that people around you do not understand. You have a little hurdler in your belly that is constantly reminding you that she will be out soon - even if soon means another 2 months! Hang in, remind yourself to enjoy every minute and don't feel bad when you get on your husband's @ss to paint and clean and do whatever you want :)
lot of love to you and Brooklyn! lj.
Everything looks amazing! Good work! You are still the cutest pregnant woman ever....even when you are painting! :) Love you!
Post a Comment