Tuesday, October 14, 2008
I am a Graduate Student
I am writing this 2 hours before my second midterm of my first semester in graduate school. You may be asking yourself, "shouldn't Amanda be studying, cramming like a mad woman?" Ha, silly you. You see, I have spent the last X amount of years watching Quaylan go through a master's and doctoral program, and I learned from him. Even though our programs are completely different, his involves thinking and comprehension, mine memorizing and more memorizing, I learned that by doing a few hours of work each night is necessary in grad school. If Quaylan was studying, I needed to be studying. And wow, it works. I was ready for this test last week; when two students admitted to me that they hadn't studied at all, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. This is grad school, it is very different than undergrad and way too many students don't realize that until they are forced out of the program. I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful, hard working husband who has led by such strong example. I am fully aware that if it weren't for him, I still might be employing my undergrad study habits. And thank you Quaylan for all your hard work, even though I still think quantitative research is better than qualitative!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
don't let q fool you amanda, he secretly has sport illustrated tucked in that book he's holding up! and you guys are expecting, I'M SO EXCITED. anastasia really is a great name, and i'm not biased. i love reading and catching up on you but it makes me miss you guys! much love!
Post a Comment