Wednesday, October 8, 2008

1,2,3,4, and 5! Definitely Kicks!

I was sitting in my fabulous muscle cell physiology class yesterday busy writing notes when I felt it, pow! I small little flick very low in my stomach, right where the baby is sitting. Hm, I thought, could be just a spasm. I tried to stay as still as possible. BAM! There is was again, like someone was flicking my stomach from the inside. This definitely was not a muscle spasm or ligament stretch. I have been feeling those and this was very different. Pow, bam, kick! There it went again. Now, you have to picture me sitting in a class of 30 with a teacher lecturing and everyone writing frantically. I am sitting as still as a statue with the biggest, cheesiest, all teeth smile on my face. Hopefully everyone was too busy to notice the crazy girl who apparently seems to really enjoy the enzymatic responses of eccentric exercise! Then I had to ask a question and move and away went my little guy. So, he/she is definitely there moving around punching on his/her mama. I also can feel when he/she changes positions, especially when he/she moves right over my bladder! Wow, get outta my way cuz I gotta go! I can feel flutters at night after I've been laying still but this was the first time I felt real tiny kicks. So I'm excited, and tired, oh so very tired. Why does everyone lie and say it gets better after the first trimester? Why don't the books say, "you will be exhausted from conception to birth; you will be so tired that you will start to fall asleep hanging out with your girlfriends in a restaurant drinking your virgin daquari, you will also nod off in the middle of a study group." See, if I'd known that I wouldn't feel so bad! Oh well, I felt kicks and that's all that matters!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for kicks! I still can't quite comprehend how that must feel. I am excited for you though! :)