Returning to the house with numb lips and fingers, it was nice to take a hot shower and then watch as the snow continued to fall. This morning we woke up to see a few inches of snow outside. It was exactly how I had always imagined it. Bright, light, and crisp. Kanye and I ventured outside and walked around. I have to admit, I can't quite figure out Kanye. She is scared to death of water (she runs even when I turn on the water in the bathroom or kitchen) but she loves the snow. She ran all around jumping in it, laying in it, and eating it.
My excitement of the snow soon turned into the realization that I have to now clear the driveway and then figure out how to drive in the snow. I put on my gloves (which by the way are made for Arizona running, not Colorado snow moving) and my Timbs (which are made for everything) and went to work. With no help from Kanye, who just sat there and watched me, i got enough of the snow off the driveway for us to get our cars out. I thought to myself, "I bet in 20 minutes you won't even be able to tell I just cleaned this". And of course, 20 minutes later it was exactly how I called it.
I ran a few errands this morning, praying that I wouldn't go sliding all over the road. It was an interesting but nimble experience. I'm not exactly sure if I was ever driving in a particular lane or even on the right side of the road, but I made it around pretty easily. So far so good, but ask me again in February when I've spun out a few times or I've been shoveling snow off the driveway for 2 week straight. Maybe then will I appreciate the Arizona weather. Below is some video and pictures for all of you in non-snowy geographic locations.
1 comment:
lovely! But I want to see the dirt shovel...
:)
xoxo
Post a Comment