Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My little Lolo


Usually Brooklyn (that's the name we are going with :)) is pretty still till about 2 oclock, then super active around 8 or 9 at night. But on some days, like today, she starts her workouts at 8am! I can almost hear her as she kicks, "Get up Mommy! Get up!" and then Kanye starts wimpering and staring at me and I can hear her too, "PPPPLLLLEEEAAASEE Mommy, there are squirrels outside!" So I was up earlier than normal today (Weds are my one day to sleep in) but I was ok with that, my kids needed me :) I figured once I started moving around the baby would stop kicking, not today! On days like this I picture her in there, swimming around kicking and running her little legs. And if she's anything like me and Quaylan, she just wants to GO! She can't sit still, punching and kicking and running. When she's like this, I call her Lolo. See, Lolo Jones is an AMAZING hurdler. And I've never cried watching a race until I saw her hurdle race this summer at the Olympics. It was a Gail Devers repeat: she was winning, hit the last hurdle and stumbled across the line. It was HEARTBREAKING. But to me, she is still the best hurdler in the world right now and I can't wait for the next Olympics when Brooklyn will be 3 and will be able to watch them (actually, we are going to try to go to London and see them in person!) I'm blabbing on, but my point is, I already see her as a little hurdler, my little Lolo, ready to train and run and run. And if she doesn't like track, well then that's ok. But she'll be good at whatever she does! Oh, my little Lolo. She's one pound this week. As I sat through a boring boring class last night she kept me entertained, kicking and poking. Again, I looked like an idiot smiling and poking my belly for about 2 hours while the rest of the class paid attention. I'm pretty sure I looked like a monkey picking at myself. Ok, guess I should go back to doing some work, this weeks paper is the kinetic and kinematic assymetries of a countermovment jump in trans-tibial amputees! Woooohooo! Oh, and I just put up a pic of me and Quaylan for fun. its from last year around Christmas. Just wanted to put up a pic :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI!!!

It is my pleasure to meet you and the woman who stole my "cousin's" heart. I am so glad that he has met a woman fitting for him, academically, professionally, POLITICALLY (that blog was funny) and spiritually. I am very proud of him and happy that he has you (though I dont know you...but you must be all that and some) : ) Take care of him and he better reciprocate (tell me if he doesnt...I'll send Sid to get him) : ) Also, congrats on the baby.

Hugs,
dr_tsexysmart
(Tenisha)