Monday, May 19, 2008

Seriously Arizona Weather

I know I've been living in AZ for about 6 year now and Amanda has been living here all her life but we really can't say you EVER get used to the heat out here. We went to a track meet on Friday here in Tempe and it was a beautiful day. We left to Bisbee on Saturday morning to visit her family and we came back to Tempe on Sunday afternoon. In 24 hours it went from a nice 85 degee day to a 110 degree day. On top of that we had some pretty decent winds so it was like sitting in front of a blow dryer.


I know everybody says "oh but it's a dry heat!" What does that really mean? It's still hot. Especially for me who sweats like a 5'2 300lb man (sorry to any 5'2 300lb men
 who are reading this...wait, do 5'2 300lb men read blogs?) and rides his bike to 
school everyday. Who really wants to see their instructor walk into class with swamps under his arms. You can't get respect when you're known as the swamp guy. It's tough enough being 5'2 and 300lb (just kidding...i really hope nobody who's that size actually reads this cuz THAT would be awkward). 

Anyway, it's really hot out here and it really starts to get to you after awhile. I think going from our pseudo-winter straight into blazing summer just gets old. There is no real transition...no Spring! And just knowing that it will stay at triple digits (during day and night!) from May until almost November will drive an
ybody insane. I guess this just all means that we are ready to move to CO.  We are ready to experience real weather seasons. Plus who could pass up a summer in CO after living like desert lizards in AZ? 

---Quaylan

No comments: