Wednesday, May 21, 2008

How I know I am Carrie Bradshaw

As most of you know I LOVE Sex and the City. I can find the characters represented in my friends and their experiences. Plus, the show accurately depicts the hurt and true heartache that comes with love. With that said, I know I am Carrie for one very superficial reason: I just recently did something I thought I'd never do- I parted my hair to the left!! This may seem small and mundane, but you were not there in the 4th grade when somehow it became the LAW that all the girls must part their hair to the right. I distinctly remember the day my mom did my hair to the left and I wanted to die of shame when another girl pointed it out. So, since that day in the fourth grade, my hair has gone to the right. Well, my wonderful stylist realized the left might be better. I seriously wanted to jump out of the chair and scream, "Wait Wait Wait!" but I trusted her. I resisted, continuing to part it to the right when I did it myself. And then I did it to the left. And it looks freakin gooooood! Every time I walk by the mirror, I go, Hey good looking, oh yeah, you are hot. And this is a big deal to me. I've never been afraid to cut my hair short or try new colors, but to part to the left was insane. But I am growing. And, like Carrie and her issues with Big, or Miranda letting love in, or Charlotte opening her heart to Harry, or Samantha shaving her head, I did a big thing that makes me proud :) and pretty darn shallow. And I don't care.

--Amanda

No comments: