Monday, October 5, 2009

The wedding...toast

Its been a while since I've blogged, so I thought I'd take this wonderful opportunity to share with you a recent experience of mine. My baby sister got married this past weekend, and she was the most beautiful bride I'd ever seen. As the maid of honor, it was my duty to do the toast. I decided to wing it, to speak from the heart. I thought that'd be the best way. What follows are highlights of this speech, and italicized are the thoughts that were going through my head as words poured out of my mouth:

"MARRIAGE" Oh my god, I just yelled out the word marriage like it was a sentence...quick say more... "Not Mawaige!" Oh my god, I just quoted the Princess Bride, keep going Amanda! "Marriage is hard." Oh my god! ABORT ABORT! "Um..." Yeah, silence, that'll rock em, "But all these people here are here to help you in your marraige," Holy crap there are literally 275 people staring at me.... "Congratulations!" Ok, good, get out now. "Brooklyn wants a cousin!" Seriously, that's my ending?? Pass on the mike and go hide...

So there you have it. There was more, but I think I blacked out while speaking. Tiff's first words to me after the toast were, "Oh yes! I can't wait to see that on tape!!" At least I made her laugh. Here are some pics of the toast, and of the Underwood girls...




No comments: