Unfortunately Amanda had to work on 4th of July, so Brooklyn and I spent the morning and afternoon together. We started the day by running in the annual Race against Cancer 5k race. It was wonderful weather to run and there was a huge crowd that lined the streets cheering people on. It was Brooklyn's first race and my first in Colorado. I did most of the work as she slept and I ran. We tried to stay afterward to watch the parade (which is the biggest parade in Colorado), but Brooklyn' bottle leaked all the milk out and then I had to use the bathroom. That's difficult to do when you're alone. I actually gave thought as to how quickly I could run into a port-o-potty and get out before anybody noticed a cute baby by herself in a stroller. Needless to say, we just walked home.

This was Amanda's first 4th of July outside of Arizona and my first in about seven years. So it was nice to actually be outside. For the most part the day was sunny but then the rain came in. I swear, every time I try to grill outside, it decides to rain. We spent some time with friends at the Longs' house and then made our way back home to grill.

Fortunately, the rain periodically broke and I was able to get the grill going, and we were blessed with a rainbow that, despite our excitement, Brooklyn seemed pretty uninterested in. Either way, it was one of the better 4th of Julys we've had, mainly because it wasn't 110 degrees like it would have been in Phoenix!

No comments:
Post a Comment