Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Brooklyn says, "Yay! school is over!"


Hi, I am Brooklyn. I figured since Mommy and Daddy blog all the time I'd take the opportunity to blog too while Mommy and Daddy take a nap. I officially survived my first year of graduate school. The first semester was pretty easy. I spent all my time growing in mommy's belly. I started hearing around Nov and started listening to the same lectures she was listening too, just ask me about Torque and joint angles! The semester ended well and me and mommy got really good grades. This semester was much harder though. I got too big to stay in her belly and decided to come out early. I did this for two reasons: it was way crowded and mommy had a test to take. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable for the test! So I pushed my way out. Mommy did some work to get me out, but I think it was mostly me! After I came out, I changed my mind and wanted to go back in; it was too cold and loud and I didn't float around anymore! But I couldn't go back, so I let mommy and daddy take me home. I liked my new home but was hungry ALL THE TIME! After one week though, I realized Mommy was missing school, so I let her go back, but only for little bits at a time since I get hungry ALL THE TIME! After a while, I realized we were behind on our data analysis in the lab, so I said, "Mommy, let's go!" We started working in the lab together and I've learned so much! We work with men who have lost a leg and walk with a prosthetic limb now. We are analyzing how their body physics are different than others. Its pretty neat! This past week lots of mommy's friends have been coming over to study for their final. I learned a lot about the brain and ways we move. Did you know that our central pattern generators are responsible for me trying to walk when my feet touch the ground or I'm in the water? I do now! Today we were in the lab to study and even though I was awake, I stayed quiet for 5 whole minutes so Mommy could study! I was very helpful :) And then I sent mommy to take her test; and guess what? She took it and did great! Or, as she says, "it was good enough!" I guess I take up lots of her time, so she's ok with a B, and so am I, cuz my name starts with a B! Now, Daddy is super busy writing his paper! We are so proud of him and I'm going to give him lots of free time this summer to write. But he's the best Daddy, he got up with me last night when I was scared and helped me go back to sleep. It was good :) Ok, I'm hungry and crying so gotta go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations B! That was such hard work, I can't believe you did it. When my baby was little like you, I just sat around on my lazy ass and did nothing! You and your mom are soooo amazing!
lots of love,
auntie Lj.